Crimean-Tatar barrister Emil Kurbedinov have criticized the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea for their activity, which is not for the benefit of the muslims and Crimean Tatars on the peninsula. Their activity does rather harm than good to the Crimean Tatar people, signing the testimonies of the chekists, writing the claims and complaints against their compatriots, coreligionists, blemishing the parishioners of the mosques and imams, cutting off the electricity to block the work of the mosques, prohibiting the sermons, etc.
Emil Kurbedinov considers that the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea is obliged to answer a number of questions, which a majority of muslims want to ask. The questions are as follows:
• What sort of a document on the letter-head of the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea was signed by E. Ablayev as of 29th July 2016, asking the FSB to crack down on the rights of some religious figures, Crimean Tatars who are muslims as far as they are terrorists?
• What kind of testimonies were provided by the so-called witnesses, i.e. the specialists and coworkers of the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea, for the FSB in the criminal cases, according to which the Crimean Tatars who are muslims shall be sentenced to a decade in maximum security penal colony? At a time, the coworkers of the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea are called as witnessed for prosecution to testify before the court on the mentioned criminal proceedings. The texts of those testimonies are identical and describe the religious believes as well as the world outlook of the Crimean Tatar muslims who are not controlled by the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea and their companies as something potentially dangerous, destructive. Moreover, those muslims are decribed as some inferior people or goners from disadvantaged families, people having mental health problems, people who are zombies inadequately perceiving the environment, not respecting the relatives and language, not observing the traditions, etc.
• What kind of complaints were provided by the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea for the appropriate authorities on the eve of the sacred muslim holidays, informing on the cutoffs in the Crimean mosques where the imams being not the co-workers of the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea? What on earth is that?
• Why did the representatives of the military and security services initiated searching the parishioners of the mosques after the incident that happened on 11th October 2019 in the mosque of Simferopol? Do the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea inform that mosque does not belong to them and they have the data concerning the content of the sermons preached in the mosque on Fridays? No they dot. The Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea did not pose themselves as the defenders of the parishioners of the mosque. Instead, they told that was an abnormal mosque with abnormal parishioners listening to the abnormal sermons on Fridays! What on earth is that?
• Why have the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea considered for six years the secret services is right, persecuting the Crimean Tatars? Hundreds of criminal cases, hundreds and thousands of administrative cases including abductions and tortures…What on earth is that?
• Why do the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea send to the courts their claims with testimonies telling the imams are not their co-workers and have not agreed their activity with them, affirming that only the workers of the Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea have a right to organize Friday payers, funerals, nominations and hold religious marriages, public prayer, etc.? Why do they do that all while instituting administrative proceedings against the imams accused for organizing Friday payers?
Barrister Emil Kurbedinov published his petition on the activity of the religious organisation The Spiritual Board of Muslims of Crimea on his page in Facebook.